So this weekend I got to use our stone loaf pan not once, but twice!!! First round was due to some ripening bananas, so naturally I had to make some banana bread :) I wanted to share the recipe cause it was so yummy - and no I'm not bragging - the empty loaf pan I brought home from brunch this morning says it all, hehe
I used my moms recipe and just added a dash a vanilla for the fun of it!
1/2 C. butter (1 log)
1 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 eggs
2 ripe bananas
1 1/3 C. flour
1 C. sugar
1 tsp. backing soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. wheat germ (optional)
and a dash a vanilla - really I have no idea how much I put in.. a tablespoon or 2??
Combine the first 4 ingredients - all the wet ones - and combine the dry in a separate bowl. Mix together and pour into a greased loaf pan. Cook at 350 degrees for 50-60 min... mine was done after 35 so be sure to check it!! and ENJOY!!! :)
NEXXXXTTTTT....
So after coming home with the empty loaf pan from Sunday brunch I decided that we should have something for the week that we could have for breakfast or dessert or whatever excuse for a yummy snack! So Jeff and I were throwing out ideas of what to make... pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins? Spice cake? Carrot cake?? there seemed to be a trend... they all have that wonderful spice scent that just screams FALL!! Well the final verdict was carrot cake - but in our lovely stone loaf pan. I'm not going to share the recipe yet because we actually haven't even tasted it yet - its cooling and I just iced it - our ratings will be in soon!!
Happy baking! and even more importantly, HAPPY FALL!!
As soon as I get some bananas, Im going to try your recipe!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI really wish you lived closer...this makes me hungry! Miss you!
ReplyDelete